For event organisers
Welcome to our services guide, from here you can learn a lot more about the various services, attractions and entertainment for all types of events and functions.


The entertainment that everyone remembers and talks about the most after a great party or function is the disco and dance floor moves or the karaoke and singing. Memories to cherish are made on the disco dance floor, that first kiss, the girls dancing around a pile of handbags, seeing dad or grand parents dance for the first time, mums dragging unwilling children up for an embarrassing dance to an old hit and of course the last slow tune and smooch. No party or function would be complete without good music and dancing.
Making the best use of
Many mobile DJs will adapt their disco and music plus arrange sound and lighting equipment to suit the atmosphere of your special occasion or the function venue. Apart from traditional mixed music discos for birthday parties, wedding celebrations etc mobile DJs can provide music and the correct lighting atmosphere for older age group dance competition nights, themed 1940s or 1960s parties to futuristic laser lit electronic disco nights.
How many do I need?
For most weddings, functions and parties one mobile DJ and disco is usually suitable however you may need more if you are holding a larger function over a large area and perhaps want to provide a separate adult disco and children's disco. For the best results talk to your chosen mobile DJ and disco operator who will be able to advise and discuss your specific disco requirements to provide the disco entertainment service for your function.
Booking suggestions
As with organising most party or function entertainment the earlier you book your mobile disco the less likelihood of disappointment, start making enquiries at least four weeks before the event. Fees. Will vary depending upon your specific disco requirements, lighting, dance floor setup, travel cost to your function, hours required etc. Often a quote is provided and a booking deposit required with full payment made close to the function date.
Regulations, insurance and other useful notes
Insurance. Every mobile disco operator or hirer is required by law to have adequate public liability insurance cover. Safety certificates.  Due to their own business insurance cover policy limitations, it is becoming standard practice by many public and private venue owners to request that all providers of entertainment including disco and karaoke operators that all their electrical equipment has a P.A.T (Portable Appliance Test) certificate.
Other information to be aware of. The ProDub Licence allows an individual to copy music they own onto various formats and devices, such as from their CDs to their laptop, for the purpose of using that device or format to undertake professional or semi-professional performances, such as those undertaken by DJs, karaoke jockeys, fitness instructors, performers etc. Organisers and venue owners may wish to ask for evidence of a ProDub Licence however caution should be used as individuals who use vinyl or CDs and who have not made copies will NOT require the ProDub Licence.
Do you need to contact numerous businesses for quotes etc? Use our free email service.
Take a look at our event planner for useful ideas, tips and advice to help you plan your next event.